Salary: $40/hr to $45/hr.
Senior Content Manager / Writer / Editor
Start Date: ASAP after interview process is complete
Duration: up to 18 months
Hours: 8:00am to 5:00pm CST
The job is fully remote, however, there is a slight preference for Chicago-based candidates who can join us back at the office on a flexible basis.
**Our client is looking for someone who has covered futures and options markets as a journalistic / long form writer. Also who has published work on these topics to share**
What we’re looking for:
What you’ll do:
You’ll be a writer/editor covering daily markets and trading on the Ticker Tape site. But this isn’t just a “daily markets wrap-up” writing job. Ticker Tape succeeds not by being all things to all investors, but by spotting and producing stories of relevance for our clients and prospects—no matter how much experience they have in investing or trading.
In a single day, you could be working on a story about options and futures trading strategies for someone who has never executed a single trade in their lives — or a breaking news update explaining how market volatility or new tax legislation may affect the personal finances of our most-active traders. We serve a broad and eager audience with endless interesting story possibilities.
The best candidate for this job will be an experienced deadline writer and explanatory journalist able to see the many connections between market news, investor education and personal finance issues that emerge for investors and traders whether they’re beginners or seasoned market veterans.
What you’re already good at:
• You love the world of trading and markets and execute breaking news coverage as easily as spotting “how-to” and “why” features investors won’t see anywhere else
• You know how to demystify markets for any audience, no matter what their sophistication level
• You understand that every investor has personal finance issues that are deeply relevant to them—you know how to identify those topics and turn them into interesting and shareable copy
• You write accurately and clearly in a fast-paced environment
• You can develop collaborative, friendly and effective relationships with peers, senior management and subject matter experts who will serve as your story partners and frequently, your editors
• You enjoy pitching story ideas to teammates and having them do the same
• You can work interchangeably and comfortably as a writer/production editor to backstop team members on deadline events, big projects or when they take time off
• You know how to build good relationships with coworkers on a hybrid/remote team and cut through ambiguity in story, process, and everyday challenges
What you’ll need:
• 3+ years of deadline financial writing experience covering trading, markets, business news or personal finance/investing
• A deep understanding of options and/or futures trading — this is strongly preferred
• Strong project management and organizational skills
• Work samples that read well and demonstrate you can explain complicated financial topics to experienced and beginner audiences in an interesting and time-efficient way for the reader. Newsletter-writing experience is a plus
• Breaking-news skills that identify newsworthy topics and anticipate new coverage areas on the horizon
• Experience with content management systems and enthusiasm for learning new production technologies on the fly
• Knowledge of SEO, social and digital marketing
• Fearlessness about asking and resolving workplace and process questions common to remote working environments and teams.
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world.
- We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success.
- We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
- Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all.
As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.