Our Fintech Client HQ’d in SF is looking for a Content Editor who brings a hybrid mix of experience including: marketing/legal/compliance and copy editing to join their internal Creative Studio for a Temp to Hire opening.
You’ll be involved in reviewing all marketing assets, including web, digital, social, video/broadcast, and print.
Tasks include ensuring compliance guidelines and disclosures are administered, while ensuring our brand copy style is prevalent across all marketing assets.
To succeed in this role, you need to possess this "Skill Trifecta":
- Proven ownership end-to-end managment of projects
- Superior communication and partnership mastery.
- Impressive copy editing/proofreading chops.
What you’ll do
- Manage your schedule on a daily basis.
- Perform necessary pre-work on projects, including reaching out to compliance, project managers, and business owners (as necessary) on any info needed before the official copy editing review takes place.
- Copy edit and proofread project assets from a creative brand and style standpoint.
- Review projects with a "compliance eye" and apply necessary superscripts and disclosures.
- Update assets with post-copy editing feedback from our compliance team.
- Adhere to the requested turnaround time (sometimes tight) for each project.
- Attend and participate in assigned project review meetings.
- Form strong partnerships and solid communication lines with project managers, writers, designers, compliance officers, and business partners.
- Attend weekly compliance office hours meetings and other team meetings.
- Establish yourself as a go-to resource for copy issues.
Who you are:
- You have a good mixture of copy editing and copy content experience.
- Flexibility is key—when the details aren’t fully baked, you go with the flow and jump in to help connect the dots and get projects to a good move-forward place.
- You’re an SME (subject matter expert) by nature, confident in learning how and when info applies—and more importantly, why it applies.
- You're a natural problem solver and don't wait for others to give you the answers. You're also not shy about reaching out to necessary parties to get clarity.
- Collaboration is your middle name—you're a natural at forming strong partnerships.
- Your editing style is all about adding that "perfect polish" and staying close to brand, copy, and compliance guidelines—it's not rewriting/giving tons of editorial feedback.
- Your edits and editing direction is clear and concise, never confusing.
- You have impeccable time management skills, with an emphasis on meeting tight deadlines.
- You have top-notch organization skills and can handle multiple projects at once.
- You’re enthusiastic about your work and about joining a close-knit team.
- You have experience working with legal disclaimers in a heavily regulated environment. Plus, you have:
- Knowledge of financial services or personal finance (a plus).
- A working knowledge of the AP Stylebook.
- At least 3-4 years of copy experience in agency or in-house settings. A bachelor’s degree with English/advertising/journalism/business focus.
Fintech Client HQ'd in SF